Monday, February 11, 2013

The Next Big Thing

Tag I'm it!  So I've been tagged by author Joanne Hillhouse to participate in a blog relay called 'The Next Big Thing'. You can check out her post on her blog here. You can also check out another author/ blogger, Tameka- Jarvis George that I religiously follow on her blog. Basically Im going to answer some questions based on my last book as seen below available on Amazon, Kindle and Best of Books Antigua. *shameless plug over and out* See interview below





TNBT: Where did the idea come from for the book?

It came from watching a scene from Elizabeth II. There was a scene between her and Sir Walter Raleigh where he told her that his love would be stronger for her as her friend as opposed to a lover. Very funny story I went and watched the whole movie over and cant find the quote....weird. So the basic premise of the book at it's core is the tug between best friends of the opposite sex.


TNBT: What genre does your book fall under?


Fiction - young adults


TNBT: What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?


Anya - truth be told I pictured a young Aaliyah in my mind ...but seeing that she is no longer with us I will settle for her look alike ...Keshia Chante..she had a hit back in the early 2000's I hope she can act!


Nick - this is no question it has to be the one and only Lance Gross because he must be in my movie some how! But seriously his character Calvin from House of Payne is a slight reminder of how I imagined Shane. 

Shane- I guess he would be the pretty boy type like a Terrance J 


These are the most important characters to be placed to me. 

TNBT: What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Navigating the road of love and friendship is twisted.


TNBT: How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?



From what I can remember it took a few months let's say 4-6.


TNBT: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

It's based in Antigua, full of angst, twists and an unexpected ending.


TNBT: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

As much as I love the control of self publishing. For alot of personal reasons I have decided to try an agency hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment