Sunday, December 4, 2011

21


Geez I've been quiet eh? Dont worry frequent posts are back again....well frequent enough... ok imma get this thing back up and running ya?!  But on real my computer's being a real behind! And I had a writing obligation that i no longer have *back to writing for me* 

Yes now shall we begin with the most bias post ever? Yes lets proceed.

I have not listened to every album released this year so I say this with no authority.....
21 by Adele was the best album of 2011!!
*drops confetti* She deserves all 6 grammys! I done talk!
*breaking news 21 is the biggest selling UK album of the 21st century* Numbers dont lie!!

I began my love affair with this amazing woman after I heard her first ever track Chasing Pavement. I had to know who, what, why and where, you I'm a lyrics woman! After hearing the first track of 21 'Rolling in the deep' i almost fell out my chair i was so ready for this album. Then I heard her track by track explanation...gahhhh sheer genius! Dear Sir who broke this chick's heart I hope you enjoy this constant reminder of your stupidity! Please walk with me as I share my fav tracks on this album of the year.
Rolling in the Deep
Her screw you life was good over here, you blew it, go about your way young sir song!
Fav verse
'Throw your soul through every open door
Count your blessings to find what you look for
Turn my sorrow into treasured gold
You pay me back in kind and reap just what you sow'



Turning Tables
My heart.... this woman put her foot in these songs eh? Anyways this song captures that feeling when you are in a relationship that just turns toxic and controlling. I dont know what to say man.... her voice is so clear and honest in this song I feel her literally choking in this song. Then she gets to the chorus 'I cant keep up with your turning tables under your thumb I cant breathe...' and u sit mellowed and kinda sad....
Fav verse
'Under haunted skies I see, ooh,
Where love is lost, your ghost is found,
I braved a hundred storms to leave you,
As hard as you try, no, I will never be knocked down'


Dont You Remember
*cue the tears* Whenever I hear this song I can just imagine someone standing in the rain crying at the door step of their used to be love asking 'dont you remember?' There's no pain like regret... dang lady you make grown people cry
Fav verse
'Why don't you remember?
Don't you remember?
The reason you loved me before,
Baby, please remember me once more,
When will I see you again?


Set Fire to the Rain
After hearing her reason behind writing this song I decided to make us kindred soul sisters, cuz she's all knowing and all feeling. Its the song about the rebound relationship, the kind that takes advantage of the weak minded. So she takes control and sets fire to the rain aka empowering herself by walking away, chasing pavements, setting fire to rain! Girl!
Fav verse
My hands they were strong, but my knees were far too weak,
To stand in your arms without falling to your feet,
But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew.
All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true,
And the games you'd play, you would always win, always win.



One and Only

You know when you find that someone that you really want but they are apprehensive for whatever reason about being in a relationship? Yea well you can play this song to them. She just reassures aggressively with a touch of soul why you should give her a chance.
Fav verse
I don't know why I'm scared,
'Cause I've been here before,
Every feeling, every word,
I've imagined it all,
You'll never know if you never try,
To forget your past and simply be mine,




Someone like you
You are not human if this song didnt touch you in all kind of deep places *get your mind out the gutter!* What can I say she sings the fears of many an abandoned lover who shows up years later hoping to find their old flame there with open arms. Instead they are happy and settled, and you are alone and sad. Her performance at the Brit Awards ....... words cant begin to express the feelings she was going thru in front of millions, its like she feels this song more than the others.
Fav verse
Don't forget me
I beg
I remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love
But sometimes it hurts instead
Sometimes it lasts in love


*Warning this album has been known to cause extreme sadness....but dammit when last has some music touched you like that* 6 grammys...the oracle has spoken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment