Friday, August 10, 2012

A Dreamer

Ladies and gentleman and electronic internet bots ... I have an announcement... put down the champagne it's not that kind of annoucement lol.... anyways..... drumroll.... I have found my life's theme song! Yes the perfect Moondancer song! And like the coincedental occasion that led to me finding my life's mantra I came across this song quite by accident per say.  I was watching Hollywood Exes- which actually features alot of new unknown artists- and I heard this song and decided it sounded nice enough to find on youtube. I found it saved in my watch later list and did not listen until about 3 weeks later. While trying to pass time at work I opened my list remembering that there were some songs I hadnt listened to yet. This particular day in the back of my mind I was feeling kinda flaky and hopeless for being me... a dreamer, the girl who thinks of three impossible things before breakfast :)
Then I clicked play and heard the words of this pretty awesome singer reminding me to 'Leave your fear of love behind. Let your dreaming be your guide'.
I of course googled the very simple, very playful lyrics and the word moon is in it! Hello ...ding ding ...sign... but seriously if you cant be a dreamer then what can you be? The world is too hard and too cruel to take face on sometimes. I am very aware of reality I fight with it everyday cuz it's there and you have to deal with it at some point. Why cant you dream beyond borders and wish beyond limits. Why cant you hope that beyond the statistics and probabilities that your fate will be a little kinder than predicted. If you don't dream, you die.
My name is Floree a woman who tries to leave fear behind to dance on the moon,  a chick who is fascinated by the girl who fell down the rabbit hole, who stares at a Marilyn Monroe quote everyday, who was a Disney freak who thinks that when all else fails love will prevail because it is the truest form of life on earth. I am a dreamer !
Thank you Elizaveta for reminding me to continue to believe. ...ps look out for more Elizaveta inspired posts, I think I've found my kindred soul sister!



I believe in fairytales
And serendipitous encounters
Catch a tiger by the tails
Make a wish
Drink from the fountain

Oh-oh-oh oh-oh

I believe love will prevail
The path is clear for me to follow
Shooting stars will leave a trail
For me to fill with joy and sorrow

Oh-oh-oh oh-oh

Leave your fear of love behind
Let your dreaming be your guide
If you seek then you shall find.

The sun is setting in the west
It hovers like a big balloon
It follows me and beckons me
But I am staring at the moon
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/e/elizaveta-lyrics/dreamer-lyrics.html ]

Oh-oh-oh oh-oh

Leave your fear of love behind
Let your dreaming be your guide
If you seek then you shall fi-i-i-i
I-i-i-i-i
I-i-i-i-i-i-nd

Turn the tide in from the fallen
Waiting to rise up again
I can feel it in blood
I hold the future in my hand (x5)

Leave your fear of love behind
Let your dreaming be your guide
If you seek then you shall find.

I believe in fairytales
And serendipitous encounters

I believe in fairytales
And serendipitous encounters

1 comment:

  1. Love this post Flo! Am happy to know am not the only dreamer out here...

    ReplyDelete