Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Miss you always


I almost didnt realise that I missed the 10th anniversary of Aaliyah's untimely slipping away. Now Im not a person for this kinda thing. But if you didnt know I have/had an unhealthy obsession with her. I wanted to dress like her etc etc. I think her death still bothers me because she's the first person I knew that died young. Note well I never met the chick. But at a young age I just saw her on tv and in magazines and wanted to emulate her. I guess partly cuz we had the same body type real skinny, small boobs and a washboard stomach (ya i HAD one of those lol). 
I still remember the day I came home from church turned on the tv which was set on CNN and hearing them talk about her and I thought she won some award or something. Then I stood there stunned. I didnt understand, thought it was a rumor, cuz she was so young. Why I feel like I knew her I really dont know, why I miss someone I never met, I have no idea. All I know is at certain points when I hear her music I think I miss you babygirl. She wanted to be remembered as a great entertainer and good person and that's exactly how I remember her.



RIP always ........

No comments:

Post a Comment